On behalf of the Local Organising Committee, I am pleased to invite you to SCTE2024, the 23rd International Conference on Solid Compounds of Transition Elements.
The conference will take place in Prague, during the week of the 16th – 21st June 2024.
More Preliminary information can be found on our website www.scte2024.org, with the conference covering topics of:
- Synthesis and characterization of solid compounds of transition elements
- Thermodynamics, phase equilibria, phase transitions
- Metastable, amorphous, and nanostructured materials
- Cooperative and topological phenomena (magnetism, ferroelectricity, electrical transport including superconductivity, charge density waves, strongly correlated systems, quantum criticality, spectroscopy)
- Theory (chemical bonding, electronic structure, phonons, machine learning)
- Energy (hydrogen production and storage, fuel cells, thermoelectrics, magnetocalorics, catalysis)
- Applications (production, recycling and other industrial processes, nuclear fuel, and waste issues)
The focused symposia will give a group of selected speakers the opportunity to present complementary (or contradictory) views on a focus topic, whilst also interesting for a broader audience. The symposia will be plugged as an autonomous block into the general program. To be coherent with regular sessions, there will be two types of format available, namely for 60 or 105 min. This framework can accommodate a free combination of short (15 min) and long (30 min) talks. The proposer may pre-discuss participation of potential speakers, and if the symposium is accepted, they are expected to coordinate the speakers prior to the conference and preferably serve as a session moderator, who has a stronger role in guiding the session than a regular session chairperson.
The final selection of speakers and the assignment of Plenary talks will be performed by the SCTE-2024 Program Committee.
We welcome Plenary Speaker and Focus Symposia nominations up until 31st October 2023.